26 Jun 2020
Wondering where to eat on Hilton Head Island? When you dine out on Hilton Head Island it’s usually best to dine outside.
- Hudson’s Seafood on The Docks, or simply Hudson’s as all the locals call it, is an island legend when it comes to seafood and sunsets. For more than 50 years, Hudson’s has been a-one-of-a-kind Hilton Head Island experience. You’re not just dining and having drinks by the water you’re literally doing it on the dock in Skull Creek (Intracoastal Waterway)]. Tables, both inside and out, feature extraordinary views of Port Royal Sound, and offer one of the best spots on all the island for watching and celebrating sunsets. The Carmines family-run Hudson’s has one of only two remaining fishing fleets on Hilton Head Island, bringing fresh local seafood straight from their boats to your table
- Sea Pines Beach Club is an oceanfront dinning oasis. Located on the south end of Hilton Head Island directly on the beach it features Coast, a beautifully appointed restaurant and beach bar. Dine on fresh oysters, broiled Mahi Mahi tacos and other seafood fare as you watch the waves role in. There’s also the Surfside Market offering freshly made salads, sandwiches, and more. Plus, Ocean Lounge, a stunning, second floor bar where you can take in breathtaking, elevated views of the Atlantic Ocean while sipping your favorite cocktail.
- Poseidon Seafood Steaks and Raw Bar overlooks Broad Creek and the Shelter Cove Community Park. Not only does it offer an unforgettable coastal dining experience, it’s located at the heart of bustling Shelter Cove Center. Two stories of wide-open, but covered outdoor dining make it the ideal spot to not only watch sunsets over Broad Creek and the marsh, but also to people watch as locals and tourist alike flock to the Center’s retail stores, concerts, and other restaurants and bars. And don’t miss out on their Rooftop Bar, it’s The place to be seen, and be seen eating!
- Just across Broad Creek you’ll find a Hilton Head Island icon: Old Oyster Factory. It’s been called “Hilton Head Island's Finest Waterfront Dining” and has been a waterfront restaurant for family and children of all ages for over 25 Years! The wide water and marsh views pair perfectly with their Sunset Dining Menu favorites like Shrimp and Grits and Seafood Pot Pie. Overall you can enjoy fresh caught seafood and a wide variety of steaks and delicious desserts, while taking in what Open Table voted as one of the "Top 100 Scenic View Restaurants."
- Staying on Broad Creek but heading back down towards the Cross Island bridge is Fishcamp on Broad Creek. While you enjoy lunch, brunch, or dinner you'll be treated to a taste of Lowcountry living in this historic waterfront setting. Kick back, put your flip-flopped feet up, listen to local musicians and chill with one of our crafty cocktails, local beers, or a glass of wine at their outside bar. Don’t forget your best friend because their patio is pet-friendly, and they have backyard games for the kids and the kids at heart all with Broad Creek as a backdrop.
Food For Thought
As many great places as there are to dine out on Hilton Head Island there are even more places to stay. That’s where we can really help. Everyone one of our Vacation Company team is a local, so they truly understand the island and all it has to offer. Over the last three decades we’ve created a portfolio of over 350 exclusive Hilton Head Island homes. Choose from our properties in North and South Forest Beach, Sea Pines, Shipyard, Shelter Cove, Palmetto Dunes and other mid-island beach communities. From dramatic oceanfront estates to well-appointed condos, at the Vacation Company we bring you only the best Hilton Head Island has to offer.