1. PAYMENT DETAILS
- Deposit Payment - A deposit of 50% of the total rental and other fees/services/charges requested in advance of the scheduled rental (including travel insurance) is required to confirm the reservation. This 50% deposit must be paid by credit card. We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
- Final Payment – Your full payment of the total rental and any other related fees/services/charges requested in advance (including travel insurance) must be received by the Company no later than thirty (30) days prior to your scheduled arrival for villas or forty-five (45) prior to your scheduled arrival for homes. If we don't receive your payment thirty (30) days before your scheduled arrival for villas or forty-five (45) days before your scheduled arrival for homes, we will automatically bill the credit card on file for the reservation for your final payment. If you request additional services during your stay, these will be charged to your credit card on file for the reservation.
2. CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT POLICY
- Age – Guest agrees that he or she is at least 25 years of age or older and will be occupying the property during the dates requested. Guest shall also identify (below) all children that may also be staying on the property during the occupancy.
- Check-in time – Guest acknowledges that check-in is NO EARLIER THAN 4:00 PM. In the event that a property is not ready by 4:00 PM, no rental refund will be issued.
- Check-in procedure – When your balance is paid in full and we’ve received your signed Agreement as required above, you will receive an email for our express check-in procedures. The email will give details on how to enter “Guest Connect” for all your check-in information. The check-in info will allow you access to all the pertinent information for your vacation rental property. This includes directions to the property, codes to access your front door, garage codes, property phone number (if applicable), Wi-Fi code, and any other information needed for your property.
- Check-out time – Guest acknowledges that check-out is NO LATER than 10:00 AM.
3. CAR PASSES/PARKING PASSES
- Sea Pines, Palmetto Dunes, or Shipyard - If you are staying in Sea Pines, Palmetto Dunes, or Shipyard, the plantation’s car gate passes will be mailed to you 3 weeks prior to your arrival. Please make sure parking passes are always visible. Your reservation includes two car passes. If more car passes are needed, additional fees apply.
- North and South Forest Beach villa complexes – Parking passes will be delivered to the Premises on the day of arrival. Please make sure parking passes are always visible.
4. CANCELLATION POLICY
- Trip Insurance –We recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect the payments you’ve made under this Agreement in the event you may need to cancel. If Guest has purchased travel insurance, any or all trip reimbursement will be subject to the policy terms and conditions. The travel insurance agreement is between Guest and the Policy Provider. The Vacation Company is not the policy provider.
- Outside of 30 days (villas) or 45 days (homes) - Reservations canceled before 30-days of arrival for villas/condos, or before 45-days of arrival for homes, will be refunded all payments minus a reservation fee plus tax. The reservation fee and associated taxes are nonrefundable. The reservation fee and taxes will be charged to your credit card on file for the reservation.*EXCLUDES 125 DUNE LANE AND 2 QUAIL. SEE BELOW CANCELLATION POLICY.
- Inside of 30 days (villas) or 45 days (homes)- If Guest cancels within 30-days of arrival for villas/condos, or 45-days of arrival for homes, all payments will be forfeited and are nonrefundable. No refunds for early departures or no-shows. If you have purchased travel insurance, any or all trip reimbursement will be subject to the policy terms and conditions. The travel insurance agreement is between Guest and the Policy Provider. The Vacation Company is not the policy provider. *EXCLUDES 125 DUNE LANE AND 2 QUAIL. SEE BELOW CANCELLATION POLICY.
- 125 Dune Lane or 2 Quail - Reservations canceled before 90-days of arrival will be refunded all payments minus a reservation fee plus tax. The reservation fee and associated taxes are nonrefundable. The reservation fee and taxes will be charged to your credit card on file for the reservation. If Guest cancels 90-days before arrival, all payments will be forfeited and are nonrefundable. No refunds for early departures or no-shows. If you have purchased travel insurance, any or all trip reimbursement will be subject to the policy terms and conditions. The travel insurance agreement is between Guest and the Policy Provider. The Vacation Company is not the policy provider.
- Storms - There are no refunds in the event of a tropical storm, tropical depression, hurricane, or named/numbered storm, and all payments will be forfeited and are nonrefundable. If Guest has purchased travel insurance, any or all trip reimbursement is between you and the insurance company and will be subject to the policy terms and conditions. The travel insurance agreement is between Guest and the Policy Provider. The Vacation Company is not the policy provider.
- Cancellation due to Orders, Ordinances, Laws, Rules or Regulations Restricting or Prohibiting Rentals. Reservations are subject to cancellation on the basis of any order, ordinance, law, rule or regulation restricting or prohibiting short-term rentals and which is or has been issued by any governmental entity, including orders of the Governor of the State of South Carolina and/or ordinances adopted by The Town of Hilton Head Island. There are no refunds in the event of any such order, ordinance, law, rule or regulation.
5. ANIMAL POLICY
- NO DOGS, CATS, OR OTHER ANIMALS – Guest is not permitted to have dogs, cats, or other animals on or at the property, unless agreed upon by Company prior to arrival, and the nonrefundable dog fee is paid (except in the case of service animals or emotional support animals as described below).
- ANIMAL-FRIENDLY RESERVATIONS - Guest agrees to be responsible for picking up after any pet or other animal and won't allow the animal to be left unattended. Animals are not permitted on furniture or beds in the property. If additional costs are incurred for cleaning, pick-up, flea treatments and/or similar actions as a result of an animal, the Guest’s credit card on file will be charged for these costs. The nonrefundable animal fee is $300.00 for the first animal and $150.00 for each additional animal (if the property allows for more than one animal).
- SERVICE AND/OR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMALS - Company shall make reasonable accommodations upon written request for a service animal or an emotional support animal, in accordance with applicable law, and no advance animal fee shall be required. Guest must submit a written request for the service animal or emotional support animal in advance of their reservation. Company may request information and/or documentation in accordance with applicable law supporting the animal’s status as a service animal or emotional support animal, together with up to date veterinary records confirming the animal is current with all vaccinations. Company reserves the right to withdraw consent and demand removal of any previously permitted service animal or emotional support animal upon evidence of injury or damage to person or property caused by the animal, threatening or aggressive behavior of the animal, damage done by the animal to the property, non-compliance by the Guest with local ordinances and state laws regarding custody and control of the animal, or any other applicable law.
- NUISANCE ANIMALS - Under no circumstances will a nuisance animal be tolerated on the property and the Company reserves the right to withdraw consent and demand removal of any animal on the property in the event it is reported or complaints are registered that the animal is a nuisance including, but not limited to, being off leash or out of Guest’s control, running unrestrained off the premises, aggressive or uncontrolled behavior towards other animals or persons, or excessive noise or barking. Such conduct may further include the Guest allowing the animal to defecate on the property or on others’ property without cleaning up after the animal. This prohibition specifically applies to all animals and including service animals and emotional support animals. If an animal fee has been paid, and the animal becomes a nuisance and most be removed from the property, any animal fee is forfeited and nonrefundable.
6. SMOKING/VAPING POLICY
- NO SMOKING/VAPING - ALL properties are designated as NO-Smoking, and which includes no-vaping. If Company finds that a guest (including family members, friends, and all other guests and/or people Guest allows on the property (invitees)) has smoked or vaped in the property (or on the porch/patio or balcony) the Guest will be charged for any cost pertaining to any damage and including the removal of the smell to the property (i.e., carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, ozone machine rentals, etc.). These costs will be charged to the credit card on file for the reservation.
- Bikes - If your rental property (ONLY HOUSES; VILLAS/CONDOS NOT INCLUDED) includes bikes as an amenity, they will be available for your 4:00 PM check-in until 10:00 AM check-out. Please note monthly/snowbird winter rental guests do not have access to the bike program.
- Waiver and Release - Guest understands that riding bicycles, golfing and driving a golf cart, and the use of amenities, including but not limited to pools, hot tubs, fireplaces, elevators, and grills, entails risk which cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. Guest acknowledges that bicycle locks may be provided and required to be used during any period where the bicycles are not ridden. Guest shall be financially responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged bicycles and understand that I will be charged $150.00 per bicycle through a charge to my credit card on file with the reservation. On behalf of Guest, family members, friends, and all other guests and/or people Guest allows on the property (invitees), Guest knowingly and freely assume all risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for the use by invitees of all amenities, golfing facilities, and any bicycle and golf cart use. If Guest, and and/or any invitee is injured, or property is damaged or lost, Guest, on my behalf, and on behalf of invitees, and on behalf of Guest’s heirs or personal representatives and the heirs and personal representatives of invitees, releases, waives, holds harmless, discharges, and will indemnify the Company, its owners, representatives, employees, agents, and contractors and the owner of the Premises (Company Parties) from, and agree not to sue the Company Parties (or any of them) and/or the owner of the Premises for, claims for injury or damage that directly or indirectly results from Guest’s occupancy and use of the Premises, use of any of any amenities or golf facilities or use of any bicycles or golf carts (and the occupancy and use of the Premises, amenities, bicycles, and/or golf carts by invitees). Guest, on Guest’s behalf, and on behalf of invitees, and including Guest’s heirs or personal representatives and heirs and personal representatives of any invitee, also releases, waives, holds harmless, discharges, and will indemnify Peddling Pelican, Windsurfing Hilton Head, Inc. D/B/A Outside Hilton Head, and/or Vacation Comfort Bike Rentals, their owners, representatives, employees, agents, and contractors from, and agree not to sue, the Peddling Pelican, Windsurfing Hilton Head, Inc. D/B/A Outside Hilton Head, and/or Vacation Comfort Bike Rentals, their representatives, employees, agents, and contractors, and the owner of the Premises for, claims for injury or damage that directly or indirectly results from use of any bicycles. Guest, on Guest’s behalf, and on behalf of invitees and including Guest’s heirs or personal representatives and heirs and personal representatives of any invitee, also releases, waives, holds harmless, discharges, and will indemnify Brown Golf Leasing LLC and Brown Golf Management LLC, their owners, representatives, employees, agents, and contractors from, and the owner of the property for, claims for injury or damage that directly or indirectly results from use of any golfing facilities or golf carts.
- Guest agrees to hold harmless and indemnify owners of the Premises for any damages to property including damages to the furnishings and household items which occur as a result of Guest’s occupancy and use of the Premises, and occupancy and use of the Premises by invitees. The Company or owner will not be liable for any damages or loss to the Premises or for any accident that may occur to Guest or any invitees during occupancy or use of the Premises. The Company or owner may re-enter the Premises at any reasonable time for making repairs. The Company and/or owner is not responsible for articles left in or on the property. GUEST AGREES AND AUTHORIZES COMPANY TO CHARGE GUEST’S CREDIT CARD ON FILE FOR THE RESERVATION FOR DAMAGES TO THE PROPERTY WHEN OCCUPIED BY THE GUEST OR HIS/ITS INVITEES.
8. POOL/ SPA
- Pool or Spa Heat - Pool or spa heat must be scheduled at least fourteen (14) days prior to arrival. A flat fee has been determined for different seasons. If the weather drops below 50 degrees, the pool may not be capable of being heated. NO REFUND OF THE RENTAL WILL BE GIVEN IF POOL HEATING EQUIPMENT FAILS.
- Waiver and Release - Guest understands that swimming entails risks which cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. On behalf of Guest and invitees, Guest knowingly and freely assumes all such risks, both known and unknown, and assumes full responsibility for Guest’s use, and the use of invitees, of any private pool on the property, any neighborhood or property owners' association pool, or any community-wide pool accessible to renters of the property. If Guest or any invitee is injured, or property is damaged or lost while using any such pool, Guest, on Guest’s behalf, on behalf of invitees, and on behalf of Guest’s heirs or personal representatives and the heirs or personal representatives of invitees, does hereby release, waive, discharge, and hold harmless the Company Parties from, and agree not to sue the Company Parties for, claims for injury, loss, or damage that directly or indirectly results from use of any such pool.
9. MID-STAY CLEANING
- Weekly Rentals – No mid-stay cleans are included in weekly rentals. If Guest would like to purchase a mid-stay clean, please call our office at 843-686-6100. Any such costs shall be charged to the credit card on file for the reservation.
10. ACCIDENTAL DAMAGES
- Coverage - The Company provides rental guests with protection for accidental damage during your stay. This protection will cover up to $1,000.00 for accidental damage to real or personal property. Malicious or intentional damage is not covered. The damage must be reported before Guest departure. This plan covers only guests who rent through the Company and is not available for any other invitees.
11. PROHIBITED ITEMS, LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Guest agrees to abide by all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and ordinances, including any Planned Unit Development covenants, conditions or restrictions while occupying the property. Guest agrees and acknowledges that fireworks are prohibited by county ordinance. For rentals within Palmetto Dunes, Sea Pines, Island Club, and Shipyard Plantation: motorcycles, campers or trailers, recreational vehicles, and boat trailers are prohibited within the communities. For rentals which are oceanfront, the Town of Hilton Head Island has exterior lighting restrictions that are strictly enforced between May 1st and October 31st for the protection of the sea turtle nests, which if not observed, may result in fines to the Guest. Additional town and community rules and regulations may apply and will be posted with the property. If Company learns that Guest or any invitees have violated any of these ordinances, rules, and/or regulations, Company may notify Guest that its rental is terminated. In such an event, Guest will immediately vacate the Premises, any deposits and fees paid to the Company for the rental shall be forfeited, and Guest will also be responsible for any costs and charges related to such termination. However, in additional to any forfeited deposits and fees, Company may recover from Guest any and all other damages, loss, and expense caused by the prohibited conduct of Guest and invitees.
- Hold Harmless - Should the owner elect to remove this property from the management responsibility of Company or should the Premises be undergoing any major repairs or should the Premises be uninhabitable for any reason, Guest, on behalf of Guest and on behalf of invitees, shall hold the Company harmless from all related damages, loss, injury, cost or expense. Company will provide comparable accommodations where reasonable. In the event Company is unable to provide comparable accommodations, Guest shall be provided a refund of all deposits provided which shall be Guest’s sole and exclusive remedy. Guest acknowledges the assumption of risk of exposure to Covid-19 and other airborne viruses on his/its behalf and on behalf of invitees and agrees to hold Company harmless for any related damage, loss, injury, cost or expense, except in the event of gross negligence of any of the Company Parties.
- Deposit Accounts - Guest acknowledges that Company places all rental deposits into an insured interest-bearing bank escrow account and that interest income accrues to the Company.
- Entire Agreement; Amendment- Guest and Company acknowledge this Agreement contains the full and complete agreement between and among them and there are no oral or implied agreements or understandings which are not specifically set forth in this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended, supplemented or modified only by a written agreement signed by each of the parties hereto. Each party acknowledges that no party, or agent or attorney of any other party or any person, firm, corporation or any other person or entity has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, expressed, implied or statutory, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof to induce the execution of this Agreement. Guest also acknowledges that Guest has not executed this Agreement in reliance on any promise, representation or warranty not contained in this Agreement.
- Titles and Paragraph Headings - Titles and paragraph headings used herein shall be for the purposes of convenience only and shall not be considered substantive in matters of construction.
- Ambiguities and Conflict - The legal principle of contract interpretation that an agreement shall be construed against the drafter shall not apply to this Agreement. For purposes of the construction or interpretation of this Agreement, the parties shall be deemed to have participated equally in its drafting,.
- Severability - In the event any term or provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, such invalid term or provision shall be severed and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other term or provision herein contained.
- Governing Law and Venue - This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina without regard to principles of conflicts of law. The parties agree that any lawsuit concerning this Agreement and its subject matter shall be filed in Beaufort County, South Carolina
Electronic Signatures - This Agreement may be executed by electronic or digital signatures in accordance with the South Carolina Uniform Electronic Transactions Act.