20 Oct 2020
Nothing goes better with turkey, pumpkin pie, football, and family then sun, sand, sea, and swaying palm trees!
1. Hilton Head Island is pretty much perfection in the fall! There may not be piles of leaves to jump in [or rake for that matter], but there’s plenty of warm sunshine to soak up and waves to play in. Ocean temps are still pleasant for swimming and nights were made for making fireside memories.
2. Hilton Head Island averages over 2.6 million visitors annually, but compared to summer, this time of year the coast is clear, which makes for easy social distancing. Plus, you won’t find long waits at even the most popular restaurants. What you will find is everything open and plenty of Lowcountry coastal room for you and all your family to enjoy on this natural island paradise.
3. Family football games are just better on the beach! Plenty of families have the tradition of not only watching football on TV but heading out for a little friendly game of “touch” football to work off some of those oh-so-yummy carbs! And Hilton Head Island provides you with 12 miles of pristine beach to get your game on. It’s also pretty perfect for an after-Thanksgiving feast stroll too–for all you non-gridiron types.
4. It’s never been easier for visitors to come to Hilton Head Island. Savannah / Hilton Head Island International Airport was just voted “#1 Domestic Airport" by this year's Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards. Plus, visitors can choose to fly into the Hilton Head Island Airport now with service offered from Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and American Airlines to select cities.
5. Hilton Head Island has many stunning island homes that can comfortably welcome very large extended families or even multiple families. At Vacation Company we should know because we’ve spent the last three plus decades creating an unrivaled portfolio of almost 400 exclusive Hilton Head Island properties in Sea Pines, North and South Forest Beach, Shipyard, Shelter Cove, Palmetto Dunes and other mid-island beach communities. We’re thankful to call this island our home, and to be able to bring you only the best Hilton Head Island has to offer!