The Island Club of Hilton Head has been a peaceful retreat nestled in the Folly Field residential neighborhood since the 1970s. Our beautiful 27 acres, beachfront community overlooks the Atlantic Ocean on the “heel” of paradise, also known as Hilton Head Island. This quiet corner of Hilton Head, which is one of the top vacation spots in the US, is just minutes away from the “tourist attractions” of Hilton Head, but far enough that when you come home to the Island Club, you know you’ve left the tourist spots behind and are truly in a blissful beachfront slice of heaven.
Weaving throughout our property under our two rustic, wooden bridges is a 13-acre catch and release stocked lagoon with bass, brim (aka. bluegill), and the occasional monster carp. It is also the aquatic home to our huge flock of ducks and several turtles – we aim to keep the pesky otters and alligators out of our lagoon. Also conveniently located on the property are 9 tennis courts available for owners and guests to reserve through Island Club Tennis Center, as well as bike rentals and an on-site exercise facility.
Directly behind the Atlantis, Neptune, and Seawatch buildings are the beach and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean. The property is connected to the beach via five beach accesses, each equipped with a showering station. Grilling and picnic areas are located nearby, as well as throughout the rest of the property.
In the heart of the property is our office building, “The Rotunda”. It sits next to our three-tiered pool area that includes a kiddie pool, lap pool, spa, and tanning shelf.
- Outdoor Lap Pool & Kiddie Pool (The heaters for the lap pool and kiddie pool will stay on in the spring until the weather changes and swimmers want cool water instead of warm water. The heat will be turned back on in the fall. (Those times are to be determined by the weather!) ***POOL IS CLOSED LAST FRIDAY NIGHT IN OCTOBER
- Community Spa & Tanning Shelf (OPEN UNTIL THE FRIDAY NIGHT AFTER THANKSGIVING)
- 9 Tennis Courts: 7 Har-Tru (Clay) Courts and 2 Hard Courts
- Exercise Facility
- Bike Rentals
- Children’s playground right off the beach
- Basketball ($1 basketball rental during open hours, bring your own ball for after-hours play)
- Catch and Release Fishing Lagoons
- Community Grills and Picnic Areas
- Community Elevators
- The Breeze, the seasonal beach shuttle runs from April 1st to the end of August. The service runs from 1 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Sunday through Thursday, and 1 p.m. to 11 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, reaching each stop approximately every 30 minutes.