10 Jan 2021
Everyone on Hilton Head Island knew right from the beginning that when you go on a family vacation the whole family needs to come along. That’s why we’ve created a “Fido Friendly” culture that has kept tails wagging for decades.
• Pups of all shapes and sizes love to get a little Hilton Head sand between their paws, and with 12 miles of soft, sandy beach there’s plenty of sand to go around. And what goes well with a romp in the sand? A dip in the waves of course! The Atlantic Ocean is mostly calm along our shores with small waves. Perfect for your little–or not so little–buddy to splash about.
• This time of year is especially welcoming to your pets as dogs are allowed on the beach at anytime on a leash or under positive voice control after Labor Day up until the Friday before Memorial Day.
• Every dog has his day on the beach and beyond! That’s right, the beach is not the only place for your furry friend to frolic on Hilton Head. Chaplin Community Park has its own dog park located just off William Hilton Parkway between Singleton Beach Road and Burke’s Beach Road. The park is totally fenced and “double gated” so you will be able to let your dog off-leash as long as he or she is friendly with people and other dogs.
• If by chance you would like a little downtime from your pet why not let them live the good island life! There are several doggie day-care choices including Evergreen Pet Lodge where they invite you and your pets to, “Let your loved one(s) enjoy the pleasures of a carefree vacation at the year-round lodge, where red carpet treatment and comfortable surroundings await them.” Somebody’s ears just went up!
• SUPER INSIDER TIP: There are some parks where dogs are NOT allowed such as Pinckney Island
• With many outdoor restaurants and watering holes on Hilton Head Island there are plenty of places for you and your best friends to dine al fresco! There are too many to list them all, but here are a few “woof” welcoming ones: Hudson’s Seafood, Skull Creek Boathouse, Street Meet, Black Marlin Grill, Bistro 17, Captain Woody’s Bar & Grill, Crazy Crab, Poseidon, and Fishcamp. Of course, you should always call ahead to any restaurant to confirm if they do indeed welcome dogs.
Our team has over 150 years of combined experience. Reach out today to one of our Hilton Head Island getaway specialists, and they’ll help you choose from a portfolio of almost 400 exclusive island homes. From breathtaking oceanfront estates to well-appointed golf course villas many of our seaside retreats welcome pets.
The Vacation Company, where we love all our best friends, and we bring you only the best Hilton Head Island has to offer!