22 Oct 2020
1. First off, it's #1 in all of the country! Travel + Leisure Magazine’s readers named Hilton Head the best island in the continental U.S. for the fourth year in a row.
2. Savannah / Hilton Head Island International Airport was also voted “#1 Domestic Airport" in this year's Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards. You can also choose to fly into the Hilton Head Island Airport now with service offered from Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and American Airlines to select cities. Plus, Southwest Airlines is adding service to the Savannah / Hilton Head Island International Airport starting in 2021 with new nonstop flights to Baltimore/Washington, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and Nashville.
3. Natural beauty abounds! While there’s a plethora of world-class restaurants, places to stay, and things to do, the island is a natural oasis and stands in stark contrast to many other highly-developed beach destinations in the South.
4. 12 miles of soft, sandy beach! From riding the waves and building sandcastles to soaking in the sun and just relaxing there’s plenty of beach to do it all–while easily social distancing.
5. Tons of fun under the sun. Everything from pro golf to mini golf. Bird watching to birdie scoring. Seafood dining to sea cruises. Jet skiing to Parasailing. Dolphin watching to sunset viewing. Shopping to shelling. Action and relaxing from A to Z.
6. All our restaurants and retailers are open and practicing safe social distancing so you can rest easy, and dine and shop to your island heart’s content.
7. Speaking of food, nobody tops Hilton Head’s al fresco dining. The list of outside culinary experiences by the water and under the stars is staggering, but here are a few of the best: https://www.hudsonsonthedocks.com, https://www.seapines.com/dining/sea-pines-beach-club/, https://www.fishcamphhi.com, https://www.saltydog.com, and https://www.skullcreekboathouse.com.
8. Water, water, everywhere! There’s no better way to experience Hilton Head Island than by being out on–or above–the water. Again, there is a long list of outdoor watersports and boat charter companies, but here are a few select options: https://www.outsidehiltonhead.com, https://www.vagabondcruise.com, and https://islandheadhhi.com.
9. Fore!!! Hilton Head has more golf than you can shake a titanium driver at! There are over 30 courses on the island alone. Many of them world-class tracks such as Atlantic Dunes https://www.seapines.com/golf/golf-courses/atlantic-dunes-by-davis-love.aspx, Robert Trent Jones course—one of three Championship courses in Palmetto Dunes https://www.palmettodunes.com/golf?nck=8005140085&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtqL-BRC0ARIsAF4K3WH-abZwxag4GKpQ4Di1drgcoP0GwjRWU-7jwg4m6EJbTxE4-ppzo60aAlZqEALw_wcB, and let’s not forget Harbour Town Golf Links also in Sea Pines Resort https://www.seapines.com/golf/harbour-town-golf-links.aspx.
10. Now that you know what makes Hilton Head Island the best place to get away to in 2021, discover what makes The Vacation Company the best property management and vacation rental company on the island. Choose from our exclusive portfolio of almost 400 Hilton Head properties in Sea Pines, North and South Forest Beach, Shipyard, Shelter Cove, Palmetto Dunes and other mid-island beach communities. Many of our seaside escapes can comfortably welcome very large extended families or even multiple families. It’s time to put 2020 behind us and ring in 2021 with Hilton Head Island and The Vacation Company. Let one of our local island experts plan your perfect escape from the everyday. Because at The Vacation Company, we bring you only the best Hilton Head Island has to offer.